In DevWars, each game mode offers unique playing experience with its own set of rules and conditions.
This action-packed game mode is the only one that features all 3 supported languages. Two teams of three, face off against each other with a theme and a set of objectives.
Zen Garden1 VS 1CSS
This 1 vs 1 game mode provides both teams the same pre-made HTML document. Both teams can only use CSS to style their website. Objectives are not available in Zen Garden games.
Every game mode is paired with a theme to keep the websites comparable between both teams.
Primary focus in 3v3 matches is to fulfil certain objectives in order to gain the points needed to overtake the opposing team. These do not have to be completed in order and as soon as a team declares an objective fulfilled, the host checks if the requirements have been met. Only if that is the case the team gets a point.
When an objective is complete, players must request the objective to be removed by the game show host in order to secure the point(s).
Unlike standard objectives, bonus objectives are worth 2 points instead of 1 and are denoted by a gold color. By default, bonus objectives are locked and cannot be achieved until all 4 standard objectives have been completed.
If the game show host finds a submitted objective to be incomplete, the team will earn a strike. Once a team reaches 3 strikes, the bonus objective will be eliminated from that team.
After the clock runs out, the game show host will do a final review of all the objectives completed for both teams. Points earned from a completed objective will be lost if found to be incomplete during the final review.
The team with the most points wins the game. Below is a chart displaying a list of points you can earn in each Phase:
- No Frameworks of any kind are to be used.
- The DevWars Twitch channel must not be open whilst competing.
- No copying and pasting of code, however copying code and URLs from teammates is acceptable.
- After the 60 minute timer has run out, your code can no longer be modified.
- Inline styling is not allowed. All styling must be performed using CSS.
- Player must code in the DevWars Editor, coding in any other editor/IDE is strictly prohibitted.